Since its inception, the Fund has launched and, in some cases, sustained a number of major projects designed to enrich and support the multi-faceted lives and evolving needs of the City’s older adults. These include:
- The NYC Coalition on Vision & Aging, a unique collaboration among the five major vision rehabilitation providers in New York City, whose shared agenda is increasing independence and improving quality of life for older people experiencing vision loss.
- Innovating Senior Services, a program to address food insecurity, nutrition, fitness, health and mental health.
- Integrated Benefits Program, which aims to address the needs of NYC older adults experiencing significant financial and medical stress and food insecurity by helping them access public programs such as SNAP, the Medicare Savings Program, SSI, EPIC, the Home Energy Assistance Program and more.
- Post-Superstorm Sandy assistance, in which ANYF played a key role in rebuilding the network of senior centers.
- The Grandparent Resource Center, which provides services and support to older adults who are raising their grandchildren.
- Foster Grandparent Program, which pairs low-income older adults with “at-risk” young people for tutoring, life skills, and companionship.